Happy New Year and new decade everyone!
So the question on everyone’s mind is: what are your goals or resolutions for 2020? I have a couple ideas for myself but I’m not a huge resolution-maker. Here are just a couple of off-the-bat goals I want to work on this year:
- Start a bullet journal. I have never done one before but I have never found a planner that quite works for me. I am hoping that a bullet journal will be good for keeping me organized and creative.
- Pick up some ukelele skills! I received a uke for Christmas last year but I still haven’t done anything with it–and I mean nothing!! So seriously, I need to learn at least 2-3 chords and 2-3 songs. The more the better!
- Read more books that I already own. My shelves are absolutely out of control. I am filling boxes with books that don’t even touch my shelves and putting them into storage. That’s not okay! So I really need to prioritize reading what I have and ARCs that I commit to.
- Clean and organize more. My husband and I have been living in an apartment for about two years longer than we originally thought we would. Between the two of us we’ve accumulated so much stuff that we really don’t need to hang on to. At the time we think of it as cute and sentimental but really its piling up, crinkling up, stinking up, whatever. So we really need to go through and sell, donate, or throw.
And those are the first of my goals for the year. They’re pretty generally and not completely book or reading related but I certainly have those goals as well so stay tuned!
What goals do you have for 2020?
Holy guacamole, we’re over halfway through the year! So I have bought a ton of books but have read (according to my Goodreads counter) less than I should have by this point in time. I have also blogged a little less than I have wanted to. But, on the plus side, I have done pretty well with my book sleeve business and that has kept me busy. We have had a couple bulk orders come in and that has helped, and my husband and I have been “house hunting” so that has been taking up time in addition to working overtime all year so far. WOW!!! So that’s where life has been personally. Let’s get to the books!
– Books Read –
These Witches Don’t Burn …. 6/3/19 …. ★★★☆☆
Mockingjay (reread) …. 6/10/19 …. ★★★★★
Hot Dog Girl …. 6/14/19 …. ★★★★☆
To Kill a Kingdom …. 6/21/19 …. ★★★★☆
– Books Hauled –
We Hunt the Flame
Barnes & Noble:
The Princess and the Fangirl
A Curse So Dark and Lonely
And that’s all, folks! I am hoping this month I can get back on track for blogging (get more reviews up and have more structure in general…and I’m jumping in on the BookEnding Summer event with some awesome people!) as well as maybe play a bit of catch up reading-wise. Overtime at work is almost over so maybe I’ll get some free time back! That would be amazing. All that’s left is finishing up my bulk orders! Until next time….happy reading y’all!
Hello, everyone! Its about halfway through August, so I am figuring that now is a good time to officially declare my goals and update my status for the ARC August event. So here is what I am working with:
- The Best Kind of Magic ✔
- Little & Lion
- The Spellbook of Lost and Found
- Girls Made of Snow and Glass
- First We Were IV ✔
- Everything Beautiful is Not Ruined – in progress
- Assaulted Caramel
- Grave Errors
- Meddling Kids – in progress
- A Conspiracy in Belgravia
The ten on my list are the ten being published the soonest, or whose dates have just passed and I need to get my reviews in to the publishers/Netgalley (oops!). Basically the ones that I need to catch up and keep up on. Finishing all ten would be a dream, but if I finish half of them I’ll be pretty happy. As always, the more the merrier.
Are you participating in ARC August? What are your goals? How is your progress?