Hi everyone! First off, let me just say that I hope your 2020 so far has been much better than mine. I had minor surgery on my back, we are currently uprooted from our living space due to flooding, and our puppy is still working on potty training. Work is work, but I am trying to fill my break times in with a new hobby: bullet journaling. So far it is coming along super slow, but if I can track my bills and books, I will be pretty happy. Aside from all of that, let’s wrap up my reading for January & February!
– BOOKS READ –
📚 Unspoken … 1/12/20 … ★★★★★
📝 Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Vol. 1 … 1/16/20 … ★★
🎧 Ninth House … 1/24/20 … ★★★★★
📚 Jeopardy in January … 1/25/20 … ★★★★
📝 The Tea Dragon Festival … 1/31/20 … ★★★★★
📝 The Lightning Thief … 2/4/20 … ★★★★
🎧 The Night Country (The Hazel Wood 2) … 2/11/20 … ★★★★
🎧 A Constellation of Roses … 2/19/20 … ★★★★
🎧 No Judgements … 2/29/20 … ★★★
– BOOKS HAULED –
(Gift – Hard Copy) The Beautiful by Renee Adieh
(Ebook – $1.99) Jeopardy in January by Camilla Chafer
(Special edition) Winterwood by Shea Earnshaw
I am so proud of myself for not going crazy buying books. That is one of my biggest goals for this year. So many great releases have dropped already this year and I was extremely tempted but I am continuing on with my goal of reading what I have on my shelves and reading books from my local library and grabbing only the best book deals as I see them. Another goal goes along with my new adventure of bullet journalling and that’s just that I need to create more. In January I finished three pages. In February I really have only practiced! Going forward I would like to work through at least 1 spread per month. As someone who is new to the bujo, this is a bit intimidating and I’m already ready to say “Maybe I should be making this for 2021??” because it truly is a big undertaking! More updates next time! Have a great month everyone!
Happy New Year and new decade everyone!
So the question on everyone’s mind is: what are your goals or resolutions for 2020? I have a couple ideas for myself but I’m not a huge resolution-maker. Here are just a couple of off-the-bat goals I want to work on this year:
- Start a bullet journal. I have never done one before but I have never found a planner that quite works for me. I am hoping that a bullet journal will be good for keeping me organized and creative.
- Pick up some ukelele skills! I received a uke for Christmas last year but I still haven’t done anything with it–and I mean nothing!! So seriously, I need to learn at least 2-3 chords and 2-3 songs. The more the better!
- Read more books that I already own. My shelves are absolutely out of control. I am filling boxes with books that don’t even touch my shelves and putting them into storage. That’s not okay! So I really need to prioritize reading what I have and ARCs that I commit to.
- Clean and organize more. My husband and I have been living in an apartment for about two years longer than we originally thought we would. Between the two of us we’ve accumulated so much stuff that we really don’t need to hang on to. At the time we think of it as cute and sentimental but really its piling up, crinkling up, stinking up, whatever. So we really need to go through and sell, donate, or throw.
And those are the first of my goals for the year. They’re pretty generally and not completely book or reading related but I certainly have those goals as well so stay tuned!
What goals do you have for 2020?
Holy guacamole, we’re over halfway through the year! So I have bought a ton of books but have read (according to my Goodreads counter) less than I should have by this point in time. I have also blogged a little less than I have wanted to. But, on the plus side, I have done pretty well with my book sleeve business and that has kept me busy. We have had a couple bulk orders come in and that has helped, and my husband and I have been “house hunting” so that has been taking up time in addition to working overtime all year so far. WOW!!! So that’s where life has been personally. Let’s get to the books!
– Books Read –
These Witches Don’t Burn …. 6/3/19 …. ★★★☆☆
Mockingjay (reread) …. 6/10/19 …. ★★★★★
Hot Dog Girl …. 6/14/19 …. ★★★★☆
To Kill a Kingdom …. 6/21/19 …. ★★★★☆
– Books Hauled –
We Hunt the Flame
Barnes & Noble:
The Princess and the Fangirl
A Curse So Dark and Lonely
And that’s all, folks! I am hoping this month I can get back on track for blogging (get more reviews up and have more structure in general…and I’m jumping in on the BookEnding Summer event with some awesome people!) as well as maybe play a bit of catch up reading-wise. Overtime at work is almost over so maybe I’ll get some free time back! That would be amazing. All that’s left is finishing up my bulk orders! Until next time….happy reading y’all!
Hello, everyone! Its about halfway through August, so I am figuring that now is a good time to officially declare my goals and update my status for the ARC August event. So here is what I am working with:
- The Best Kind of Magic ✔
- Little & Lion
- The Spellbook of Lost and Found
- Girls Made of Snow and Glass
- First We Were IV ✔
- Everything Beautiful is Not Ruined – in progress
- Assaulted Caramel
- Grave Errors
- Meddling Kids – in progress
- A Conspiracy in Belgravia
The ten on my list are the ten being published the soonest, or whose dates have just passed and I need to get my reviews in to the publishers/Netgalley (oops!). Basically the ones that I need to catch up and keep up on. Finishing all ten would be a dream, but if I finish half of them I’ll be pretty happy. As always, the more the merrier.
Are you participating in ARC August? What are your goals? How is your progress?