Hello, fellow bloggers, Bibliothonners, and readers! I hope that your Friday is spectacular and that your reading progress is going well. Today’s challenge is to write 25 facts–no more, no less–about myself. This may seem easy, but I don’t think its ever really easy for most people (myself included) to talk about themselves. Especially today, since I had a job interview this morning and had to more or less sell myself to the lady sitting in front of me. Uck. Nevertheless, though, I shall complete the challenge and try to make it fun. I will not be doing all bookish facts, but I’ll do as many as I can think up. So here goes:
- I read 2-4 books at a time.
- My least favorite genre is Christian romance.
- I love Goodreads and am addicted to signing up for challenges.
- I am addicted to bookish merch, specifically candles and bookmarks!
- Another recent addiction of mine is bookish subscription boxes. Opening them is like Christmas!
- I collect books for my shelves. Hardcover, paperback…I don’t really care. But if books are from the same series, the editions MUST match!
- My preference for coffee or tea depends on my mood, but I do like both.
- The first big concert I ever went to was the Backstreet Boys.
- Speaking of the Backstreet Boys, I was a huge fan growing up and my walls were plastered with their posters. Literally, at least one (maybe 2) of my walls were not even visible.
- If you follow my blog or have read my bio, you know I am a singer. Well, I firmly believe that one of the reasons that I have an ear for harmonies is because of spending hours listening to, and singing along with the harmonies of boy bands.
- The first time I sang in public, I was in preschool and I sang “Oh, What a Beautiful Morning” from Oklahoma. The second time I was supposed to sing in public, I chickened out.
- In second grade, I was the “best singer” in my class and they made me be the Big Bad Wolf in our class musical of The 3 Little Pigs. I hated it because I was a girl. I’m still embarrassed about it to this day.
- My first car was a magenta Dodge Shadow that I named “Pinky.”
- I didn’t name my second car, which I owned for +10 years. It was a blue Dodge Neon.
- I now own a Chevy Equinox and her name is Georgie.
- I call my grandmother ‘Mormor,’ which is Swedish for Mother’s Mother.
- I still sleep with a teddy bear that I’ve had since I was a kid and a Build-A-Bear my fiancé made me. He doesn’t much love having to share the bed with them too. Too bad!
- I like scary movies, and definitely like movies that mess with your mind whether they are scary or not (i.e. Saw, Inception, The Cure for Wellness)
- My first paying job was at a Bowling Alley. I was a birthday party hostess. It sucked to come home smelling like that.
- My favorite paying job was working at a summer camp. I was a camper there for over ten years, and I was on the payroll for almost as long.
- My ideal reading spot would be in a hammock in front of or near a lake OR on a porch swing. Obviously I like gentle movement and the sound of waves.
- I love warm rain, and reading in rain/thunderstorms.
- While my mom is a reader, she doesn’t read as much as I do. She follows my Bookstagram though and always asks how I get so many books.
- I always travel with at least one book and/or my iPad. My phone has my reading apps too.
- I only recently learned to appreciate audiobooks, but I’m so glad I did. I am still a little picky about what books and genres I read though.
So there you have it. 25 facts about little ol’ me. Several are bookish, several are not. If you would like to leave a few facts about yourself, I would love to get to know you more as my readers and followers as well!! Please tell me some things about you!
Listening to: “Larger Than Life” by Backstreet Boys <– yes, now I am craving BSB