Why hello and good evening, everyone! I would like to invite you all to join in my giveaway! I mentioned just a couple posts back that I run an Etsy shop. I make and sell booksleeves–decorative foam pouches to carry your books in so that covers and pages aren’t ripped, wrinkled, or ruined. I am giving away a booksleeve and a book on my Instagram this week. The booksleeve I chose for thia GA is my favorite pattern from this season. The book is one that I have read and reviewed before: The Afterlife of Holly Chase. It came out last year, but it has been receiving a lot of hype this year! If you want to check out my review of the book, you can do so here. What I did just for today’s post is put together a short playlist of songs that remind me of the book. Here’s what I came up with:
- “You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch” – Holly is our cold-hearted, modern-day, teenage Grinch so of course, what other song would I choose? ‘I wouldn’t touch [her] with a 39-and-a-half foot pole!’
- “Jingle Bells” by Michael Buble & the Puppini Sisters – Its gotta be this version of Jingle Bells, friends. The setting of the book reminds me of a TV set that needed background singing sisters like in this song!
- “Baby Its Cold Outside” – this is my pick for Holly & Ethan. They both are stubborn people who are used to getting what they want. Plus, of course, the bantering back and forth.
- “Carol of the Bells” by Trans Siberian Orchestra – This one is the perfect pick because it is a rockin’ version of an original classic. And of course, if you haven’t gotten the hints yet, this is a spin on A Christmas Carol.
- “God Bless Us, Every One” – So lastly, this grand finale of a song is from my favorite movie adaptation of A Christmas Carol…the most recent one with Jim Carrey. To me this is the epitome of holiday songs and I can just picture snow and happy people and happily ever after.
So that’s my little list for you all. And now for giveaway details. Go find me on Instagram – username @thereadsinger. On my giveaway post, you’ll find all the steps to follow to enter. Just follow, like, share, and you’re in! There are optional additional steps for extra entries. Have at ye! I hope to see you there!