Hi everyone! I am sorry I’ve gone pretty quiet on here! There has been so much activity in my real life. We have sent out all of our wedding invitations and have gone into heavy duty decoration-making mode so things have started getting really busy! But I’m still reading as much as possible and now things will hopefully die down a little bit. In regards to this tag, it was originally created by About to Read.
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next? I’m a mood reader and an impulse reader. Also, based on the release date of ARCs that I need to read for NetGalley or blog tours.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed? I’ve gotten better about embracing the concept of “Life is too short to read books that you don’t enjoy.”
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how? The end of the year is always crunch time it seems! I read shorter cozy mysteries and romances. And its really not a burden because I love holiday books!
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope? Cry and whine and buy them anyway and pray that someday they will match!! I hate non-matching covers!
5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings? There have to be people out there who also don’t like the book. I will find them!
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal? I will cry. If its cry-worthy, the dam will break and the tears will flow. Probably not as ugly as if I am at home, but it will happen.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!? If I truly loved the first book, I will re-read. If a book was just ok and I am about to jump into a sequel then I will probably browse Goodreads and/or my past blog posts and reviews for thoughts.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask? Give recommendations on places to buy the book at a good price or find ebook bargains.
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump? Keep trying until I find one that hooks my attention. I have this so frequently, I WILL find one eventually.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy? As much as I want to BUY ALL THE BOOKS, I try to limit it to only buying 1-2 at a time, 3 at the most. Plus sometimes I pre-order books that I really want so there are those also.
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them? I am ashamed to say that usually I get really excited about a book release, go out and buy the book, and then they sit for a long time. I have to finish whatever I’m currently reading, and then I have to wait to be “in the mood” for it.
If you’ve followed my blog, you know how I roll with my tags. If you’re reading this and you’re interested in doing this tag, consider yourself TAGGED!! Just answer these questions on your own blog and link back to my blog and you’re good to go! Hope you’re having a great week!