Hello everyone! So, in light of the Tony’s airing last week, I just stumbled upon this Musical Theater tag and decided WHY NOT?!?! Now, I found this on Em’s blog, but she is not the original maker of the tag from my understanding. This tag is NOT a bookish one, but I am going to change a few tags and make them so. Apologies to the original maker of the tag, whoever you are. But anyway, here we go!
- What was the first musical you ever saw? That is really difficult to say because my grandparents watched these things the way we watch Netflix. If you ask what was the first musical I remember seeing LIVE? That’s probably Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. The Narrator in that show is still one of my dream roles.
- What was your favorite musical growing up? Growing up as a small child probably The Sound of Music because my grandmother played it for me and had me sing it constantly. Growing up into high school, though, I fell in love with Wicked and I really bonded with my best friend over it. We would sing it over and over together.
- Were you ever in a musical? Oh yes. My first ‘role’ was completely embarrassing and I never admit to it. I only got it because I was the only elementary student who could actually sing. Then in high school I was in the chorus in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (I’m still going to be that Narrator someday, dammit!). Then I played in the pit orchestra for the rest of high school. Then I actually studied voice and finally landed a badass role of the Mother Abbess in The Sound of Music. Maria has NOTHIN’ on the Mother Abbess, I’ll tell you what. 😛
- What was the first musical you saw on Broadway? Wicked.
- If you could be any female character in any musical, who would you be and why? Kathy from The Last Five Years because have you seen that musical?!
- How about male character? Archibald Craven from The Secret Garden (bet you weren’t expecting that one, were you??). If you aren’t familiar with this musical, you absolutely should be. It is so beautiful. The male roles in this are spectacular. Plus, Lily Craven is another in my list of dream roles. Ohh, its just so beautiful, I just wilt at the thoughts of this musical!
- Favorite musical song to sing in the shower? Ummm, all of them?? ‘Come To My Garden,’ from The Secret Garden, ‘Climb Ev’ry Mountain,’ from The Sound of Music, ‘Defying Gravity’ and ‘Popular’ from Wicked, ‘Let Me Be Your Star’ from Smash
- Who is your favorite musical theater actress? Audra McDonald, Julie Andrews, Kristin Chenowith
- Actor? Jeremy Jordan, Jonathan Groff, Aaron Tveitt, Christian Borle
- Favorite film adaptation of a
musicalbook? The Hunger Games! I still love the books, but I like the movies too.
- What do you think is the most underrated
musicalbook? Wither and the Chemical Garden trilogy is, I believe, a very underrated trilogy. The writing was great and the concept was so unique that it has stuck with me for the three years since I read the books.
musicalbook? I know its an unpopular opinion but: Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. I wasn’t a fan.
- What musical made you cry? The Last Five Years. Gets me every time I listen to it. The movie version not necessarily…I didn’t think it was all that great (though I love looking at Jeremy Jordan, and he’s a great singer)…but man, I cry my eyes out.
- Are there any
musicalsbooks you sawread and hated? Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, Eighty Days Yellow, and the first Vampire Diaries book.
musicalbook made you laugh? Geekerella and November 9 made me laugh.
musicalbook do you want to see made into a film? The GrishaVerse books, Children of Blood and Bone, The Strange Case of the Alchemist’s Daughter, and anything by Colleen Hoover.
- Which musicals are you dying to see? Hamilton – duh. Anything with Audra McDonald. HP and the Cursed Child.
- Any movie or book you think should be turned into a musical? That’s one I would actually need to think about…..I could almost see The Night Circus as a cool musical…