It seems to me that “Unpopular Opinions” are (ironically) very popular these days. Maybe that’s just me?? But anyway, I found this tag created by The Book Archer and I’m going for it this week! Here we go!
1. A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like. The Fault in Our Stars. I am not a John Green Fan and I was definitely not a ‘Fault in Our Stars’ fan. It was SO cliche and lame to me. Somehow, though, I absolutely LOVED the movie. I cried my frickin’ EYES OUT FOR HOURS after watching it!!
2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love. Fifty Shades of Grey. Sorry, everyone, but I love Christian Grey in all of his craziness. I absolutely devoured those books. Were they well-written? Hell no. Were they fun to read? Absolutely. So while many, many people say they “hate” the books, I think they’re really just denying their inner goddesses. Just sayin’. *wink*
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with OR an OTP that you don’t like. Clockwork Princess. Okay, the ending of this one and how the relationships work out is just a hot mess. Cassandra Clare cheated, IMHO. I have my opinion on which guy Tessa should be with and that whole boloney at the end is just dumb and not fair. Everything was ruined. Hated it. Yes, I’m bitter.
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for. Pure sci-fi, high fantasy, YA contemporary, or historical romance. I really do read a lot of genres….or I try to, at least.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like. Luke & Leia. I know that this is a super unpopular opinion…especially after the recent loss of Carrie Fischer. But in the original trilogy (books or movies, however you look at it), I just felt they were so overrated. Now is a totally different story and my view is changing but I’m still on the “meh” fence.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into. John Green. Hands down. I keep buying his books and trying to read them and I just can’t get into them.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.) BEAUTY BLIND. I hate MC’s who think they’re ugly…or at least ‘average’ or ‘normal’ and then all of a sudden they have the 2-5 hottest, most rugged and rich men in the city/kingdom/galaxy competing for her love/hand in marriage because she is so beautiful and flawless and sexy. “No I’m not” “Yes you are, you’re the most beautiful creature I’ve seen” bla bla bla. OH MY START SHUT-UP!! You get the point, we’ve all read it thousands of times before. Just be average, for real. Don’t want a MC only for her ‘beauty’ but for her brains or her wit or something!
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
– The Inheritance Cycle
– The Iron Fey
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book? The Maze Runner. I actually really liked the movies but I tried to read the book and couldn’t read more than 75 pages or so.
ANNNNNNNND that’s it!! Woo! That was actually pretty difficult because I am typically a go-with-the-flow, very agreeable kind of girl so having un-popular opinions is difficult for me! But there it is! Did you agree with any of my opinions? Disagree? Me, myself, and I want to know about it! Leave a comment or TAG, YOU’RE IT! Try the tag for yourself on your own blog or vlog.
Listening to: Piera Ford Booktube vlog